Before getting started, you'll need a Microsoft account with an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription.
You can make a Microsoft account here: https://account.microsoft.com/account/
If you still need to redeem your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial from a Backbone purchase, check here.
If you need help redeeming the trial to your Microsoft account, check here.
Once you've got your Microsoft account with an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription setup, follow the steps below to start playing!
On Android Devices:
- Open up the Backbone App and find any Xbox Cloud Gaming title! You can find these by finding games with an Xbox Logo on them (see attached).
- Open up a Game from within the Backbone app and Sign in to your Microsoft account with an Active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription! We recommend selecting 'Stay Signed In' so you don't have to sign in every time you want to launch a game!
On iOS / Apple Devices:
- Open up the Backbone App and Navigate to your account connections:
Backbone App > Menu > Settings > Connections
- Use the connect Xbox Account button to connect your Microsoft Account with an active Xbox Game Pass Subscription. Android users can skip this step.
- After connecting your account, find an Xbox Game Pass Game in the Backbone app to start playing! You can identify these with the small Xbox Icon (see attached).
- Select your Xbox game of choice and use the Play Instantly button.
- You will be asked to sign into your Microsoft account. Use the sign-in button, and sign into your Microsoft account.
- Once signed in, you should be good to start playing all of your favorite Xbox Game Pass titles directly within the Backbone app!